Frequently Asked Questions (Postponement)
1. What is the new date of the NZ BALL 2020?
The new date for the NZ Ball will be Saturday, 3 October 2020
2. Why is your proposed date/period so far away?
We have taken a number of factors into consideration. This includes Government advice, the new academic year for the international school calendar, and the availability of the hotel and our suppliers.
3. I am not going to be in Thailand in September/October as I will be relocating to another city/country. What happens to my ticket/s?
We are currently working on a process where people who are relocating out of the Bangkok Metropolitan Region and/or Thailand, can request a refund. If you are relocating, please submit a refund request here. Please note that we reserve the right to request supporting information and documents.
4. What happens if I have already purchased tickets to another event on the proposed date of the New Zealand Ball 2020?
If you have already booked tickets to another event, please submit a refund request here. Please note that we reserve the right to request supporting information and documents.
5. I don't know what I am doing on the 3rd of October, or I have changed my mind. I would like to get a refund of my ticket/s. Is this possible?
The terms and conditions of your ticket state that we (the presenter) reserve the right to alter the date, the venue and the entertainment and activities as advertised without prior notice. At this stage, we are accepting requests from people who are relocating or have pre-arranged travel or booked events that conflict with our new date.
6. I have booked accommodation at the hotel during the period 27-29 March 2020. Can I get a refund?
Bookings made using the NZ BALL accommodation code via the Official AVANI website
These bookings will be cancelled automatically by the hotel. Refunds will also be processed by the hotel
Non refundable bookings made via the Official AVANI website
We are currently working with the hotel to find options to provide guests with either a refund or credit. Once a decision has been made, the hotel will contact guests directly. If you made such a booking, please send us an email with your booking confirmation to
Non refundable bookings made via external websites (AGODA, BOOKING.COM, EXPEDIA, HOTELS.COM etc.)
You will need to contact the company you booked with to initiate a refund/credit request. We are are also currently working with the hotel to find options to provide guest with either a refund or credit. However as these bookings were made via an external provider, the AVANI may not be able to assist. If you made such a booking, please first engage with your booking supplier, but also please send us an email with your booking confirmation to
Last updated 20/03/2020
Have any other questions? Get in touch with us!